My story. Janice Giles.

I haven’t been a part of this group long.but since tomorrow is a special date that starts off my story i think I’m going to share today.

9 years ago tomorrow (2-9-07) I started dating my soulmate when i was just 14 years old. I am so lucky to have found him so early in life. We have had our ups and downs but since day one we have always been inseparable.

We moved in together straight out of high school in 2010. We had ended up in a bad financial situation in 2012 but we did everything we could to be able to be together on our own.

In 2014 we were blessed with the best news of our lives-we were having a baby-we were so excited-anxious! We were on top of the world together! I found out I was pregnant early I was only 4 weeks along when I found out.

I had my first ultrasound at 8 weeks we were in love. Danny and I were working so hard trying to make sure everything was perfect for when our baby arrived.

When I was about 4 months pregnant we had a huge scare. I woke up in the middle of the night and i was bleeding. We rushed to the hospital. We were so afraid to lose our baby.

After ultrasounds and tests and about 8 hours at the hospital we were told that I had a tear in my placenta and that I could either go full term, of I could lose my baby. It was a 50-50 chance.

I was put out of work and on disability for 2 months until I stopped bleeding. I started seeing a high risk doctor every two weeks. Danny never missed an appointment. In July we found out we were having a girl, we were do delighted.

My family and friends put together two baby showers for her. She had everything. Everyone was so happy.

We moved from a 1 room apartment to a two bedroom apartment. We saved up and got a safer car and we were so ready for our little princess.

When deciding on her name we discussed that we wanted it to have a lot of meaning,so we decided on Elizabeth after my grandmother and Jay after my father.

I was due the day before Danny’s birthday 11-2-2014. She was born 11-5-2014. I had to be induced. I was in labor for over 24 hours.  I did 5 hours of pushing, but ended up having her cesarean.  She was born at 8:34pm, 9lbs 9oz 22 inches long.

Boy oh boy was she beautiful. When she was born everyone said she looked just like me. She had long beautiful eye lashes just like her daddy, that I had wished for the entire time i was pregnant! She was healthy and we were so grateful.

We stayed in the hospital for three days, and then we were all home together.


Everything was perfect. When Elizabeth was about 2 months old she started to break out into some kind of rash and we thought maybe it was baby eczema ( i have psoriasis) But when we took her they said it looked like baby acne and the best way to handle that is to not do anything.

It seemed to get worse so we looked into taking her a dermatologist and an allergist. She was given creams and shampoos from the dermatologists. They seemed to help some but it still seemed to be pretty severe. We took her to the allergist and they suggested having her have some blood work done to see if she had any allergies.

When her blood work came back she had so many food allergies. The only things she could eat were her special formula made up of corn and amino acids, because she was allergic to soy and milk. She had to eat organic rice cereal without any wheat or soy,   apples and carrots – that was it.

She was also allergic to dogs, and so many more foods. We worked really hard with her allergies and skin condition to where she started to do so much better. She wasn’t so itchy all the time. She was doing better.


She was such a trooper going through all of that but she was still always so happy. She was loved by so many and she loved so many things. She loved music, Metallica especially. She was really into Elmo.and Scooby Doo. She loved to go to the beach. She always liked to play in the bath. And she loved her rubber duckies! You would always find her with one of those in here mouth! She we just perfect.


One day I had got done work and called Danny to make sure he was awake to come pick me up. He was late but it wasn’t unusual. He was normally late to pick me up. When he answered he said he had over slept, he had to get Elizabeth ready and they would be there in 15 mins.


We called her “Little” by the way that was her nickname. I went outside and waited,and waited.  I started to feel uneasy, like something was wrong. I started to have bad thoughts so I ran inside to call him. When he answered the phone he was hysterical. He told me that she had been unresponsive. He called 911. He did CPR until they got there, and that he was on the way to the hospital. His mom was coming to get me. I was in shock. My head was spinning. I was on the way to the hospital, freaking out, so afraid so worried. I just wanted my baby.



Danny called me as soon as I was pulling in. I asked if she was ok and he said I’ll just talk to you when you get here, and i knew. I could barely breathe. I couldn’t believe this was happening! I pulled up and I ran inside. I yelled “Is my daughter here!?”

They took me by the hand and brought me into a private room where Danny was. This is where I saw the strongest man I’ve ever known broken.

They told me she was gone. And i lost it. We both did. His mother and his two younger brothers were at the hospital with us.

We all went back to see her together. They wouldn’t really let us touch her, so I kissed and talked  to her.

My daughter was 11 months and 16 days old when she passed away 10-21-2015.

Our family will never be the same.

We loved her so much!

I miss my little every single day and it hurts so bad!


About Daddys with Angels.

We began as a group for grieving fathers and men in families, but other family members asked to join us. We now also have a group for Families with Angels dads and other male family members and siblings under 18. We have experienced and live with the harsh pain of loss and we hope we can bring other comfort with what we do, To find us please search for us on face book or Hugs to you all and floaty kisses to all your angels. We retain the name Daddys With Angels.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to My story. Janice Giles.


    • Janice Giles says:

      Thank you so much. She is sadly missed by so many..we would do anything to have her back..but we are so greatful for our time with her💖

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.