- The management and trustees of Daddys With Angels have a duty of care for any children and young people who use any of its support groups or pages
- Social network sites have shown examples of child exploitation and grooming. Any administrator who has ANY concern that a child or young person being exploited or groomed MUST inform a director immediately
- On receiving the concern the director will:
- Screenshot and review the concern directly from the page
- Report and block the person who concern has been alleged of exploiting or grooming the child or young person
- The director will then pass on the information to the local police in the area in which the alleged person lives
IT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SUPPORT STAFF TO DISCUSS ANY CONCERN WITH THE CHILD/YOUNG PERSON OR THE PERSON WHO THE CONCERN HAS BEEN RAISED ABOUT.
Any concern which is noted in any of the Daddys With Angels groups or pages may or may not be unfounded and could be the tip of the iceberg. Any investigation should be carried out by experienced and qualified people.
Should any external investigations be proven it is important that we show that we have not spoken to anyone connected with the concern. Talking to a child or young person can be considered as coaching and may influence any outcome of investigation or prosecution.
All Daddys With Angels groups are closed. This allows administrators to vet any person wishing to join the groups. When vetting any potential member, those adding them cannot be 100% certain that profiles are genuine or the person who uses the profile is of good character. There will always be this risk. The safety and welfare of any child or young person using Daddys With Angels group must be paramount. Any information passed on to any external agency with reference to any concern is done in good faith for the protection of the child or young person and overrides any unwritten assumptions made by members that nothing discussed within the group, will be discussed outside of the group.
Noticing anything of concern is not a perfection science. It should be recognised that concern is just that. Administrators are not responsible for the end product of any concern, just in the raising of that concern. Here are some things to look out for:
- Someone asking for personal intimate details
- Someone asking another to private mail (PM) them
- Inappropriate comments or words
- Any suggestion of meeting up/or becoming pen pals
This list is not exhaustive. Overall support workers MUST use their common sense. Whilst there may be the potential retribution for raising concern it is better that the concern be passed on and investigated than a child or young person to be at risk of exploitation or grooming.
The director and trustees will deal with any backlash or any other difficulties that arise as a result of a concern being raised, so that support workers may be allowed to concentrate on their role of supporting the members of the Daddys With Angels groups.
If you have any concerns of questions relating to this document please contact the director.